Tuesday, May 27, 2014

WORSHIP WITH 'OTHER' CHRISTIANS


I recently traveled to Panama City, Florida to house and dog sit for my son and daughter-in-love.  Before I went I had decided that I wanted to go to church while I was there.  In past visits I had seen a church which was not too far from where they lived which meant easy for me to get to. So before I left home I looked up this church and was able to find their very complete web site, with all the information that I needed to know.  So armed with lots of information and my Bible I set out, on Sunday morning.

It is so refreshing to know that there are Christians all over our country and world that worship together, like we do in our home churches. Perhaps not with the same music, bulletins, preaching styles, hymn books (some yes-some no), organ, piano, instruments, choir, worship music, all hymns or blended and the list goes on.  Just knowing that right there in that place we worshiped the same God, same Jesus, same Holy Spirit brought my soul joy.  How wonderful to be a part of a different congregation, to see how other Christians worship each week.  It was refreshing and I loved it.  I loved it so much I returned the next Sunday as well, and know that if I am there in Panama City I will worship with them again.
 
This experience just reinforced what I already knew that as a Christian we have a large family. A family of differing peoples, life styles, ages, education, and ethnic backgrounds all standing equal at the foot of the cross. Heaven is going to be filled with, joy, worship, honoring and praising the Lamb slain for us. It will be humbling for us, for we don’t even deserve to enter the gates, let alone walk on streets of gold, were it not for Christ we deserve death. And just when we think that the worship is ending, it will just be the beginning of worship together with our Lord and Savior that will go on and on forever.
 
The Lord impressed on me this past week that I need to climb down from my lofty perch and get serious about my worship of Him. Serious about my obedience of the things he has told me to do, the things I procrastinate about.  Sometimes I talk a good talk, but more often than not I do not walk worthy. 

My prayer is that wherever I find myself at worship, I will worship with my whole being, not just part of me.  That I will walk worthy of the calling the Lord has given me.
May the Lord encourage you this week, may you know His love, understanding & peace.  Walk worthy of your calling.
Serving Him.

Debbie

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite times with other Christians was during a worship service in Mexico where a song was sung in 2 languages simultaneously!! :) Glad you were inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your heart, Debbie. I feel that I know you better now that when we were all living in the same town. You are a wise woman and I trult enjoy you,

    ReplyDelete